Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Get over it!

"I don't have any stress." It's not something you hear every day, especially from a mom. I really don't get it when I hear stay-at-home moms say they are so stressed they can't even think. Why? Life doesn't have to be perfect. Our children don't have to be in every sport, play and musical. And why not serve leftovers for dinner?

I have twin girls who will be 7 in December. They are healthy, well-adjusted, smart girls. They play t-ball, and take art classes at our local art center. If they want to do something else, I'm all for it, but I'm not going to force them to do something they don't want to do.

I work part-time, and my husband works full time. We are not rich by any means, but we don't use credit cards, our cars are paid off. The girls have college funds and we have retirement accounts. We have everything we need.

I recently came upon a possible stresser, and quickly averted it. My husband said "you should write a book". I replied with, "I'll call it Get Over It". I guess if I were to have a motto, that is what it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment